African American Literature
The books and pamphlets in this collection, generally published in the latter half of the 19th century, chronicle the lives and issues of African Americans during that time.
Address by Hon. Frederick Douglass, delivered in the Metropolitan A.M.E. Church, Washington
- Author: Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895.; Metropolitan A.M.E. Church (Washington, D.C.)
- Published: Press of Thomas & Evans
- Publisher: 1894
- Publication City: Baltimore
- Added: Oct. 30, 2019, 10:13 a.m.
"Black Jacob," a monument of grace the life of Jacob Hodges, an African Negro, who died in Canandai…
- Author: Eddy, A. D. (Ansel Doane)
- Published: 1842
- Publisher: American Sunday-School Union
- Publication City: Philadelphia
- Added: Oct. 29, 2019, 4:15 p.m.
Lyrics of lowly life
- Author: Dunbar, Paul Laurence, 1872-1906.; Howells, William Dean, 1837-1920.; Morse, Alice,; Cook, Coralie Franklin,; Miller, Kelly, 1863-1939,
- Published: 1896
- Publisher: Dodd, Mead
- Publication City: New York
- Added: Oct. 30, 2019, 10:24 a.m.
"Uncle Tom's story of his life" an autobiography of the Rev. Josiah Henson (Mrs. Harriet Beecher St…
- Author: Henson, Josiah, 1789-1883.; Lobb, John, 1840-1921,; Stowe, Harriet Beecher, 1811-1896.; Sturge, George.; Morley, Samuel, 1809-1886.; Lobb, John, 1840…
- Published: 1876
- Publisher: "Christian Age" Office
- Publication City: London
- Added: Oct. 29, 2019, 4:39 p.m.